Producing a potential customer’s voice is simpler than it really is. You can’t just build a site and get lots of leads on the silver platter (unfortunately). Instead, you need to work hard to develop a solid SEO strategy and optimize every aspect of the lead generation process.
In this article, we will introduce the most critical steps you need to take to optimize your website to better generate leads.
Build a Solid SEO Strategy
To get the most out of the lead generation process, you first need to establish a solid SEO strategy to keep your progress. Here are some key steps.
Know your target audience.
It makes no sense to develop a marketing strategy without knowing who you are targeting. In digital marketing, online advertising usually doesn’t bring any noticeable results. Instead, you need to establish several buyer roles that reflect the user’s main characteristics.
Pay attention to their demographics, such as their age, location, gender, education, family and income. Then, see which online channels and sources of information they use. What are their main challenges or issues?
Identify your leads. Identify your leads
After you establish a buyer role, you also need to determine what actions your visitors need to do to become a potential customer. That is, when visitors complete the registration form and start receiving your emails on a regular basis, they become potential customers. They can also become potential customers when they download lead magnets or sign up for free product trials.
Target the right keywords for your website optimization.
Keywords are the nerve center of the lead generation process. You need to find those phrases to make you more visible to the right searchers, and most importantly, turn them into leads.
Now, there are many ways to search for the ideal keywords. First select the right tool, the most popular of which are Google’s Keyword Tool, Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer and Moz’s Keyword Explorer.
Keep in mind that keyword optimization is more than just adding a bunch of hot phrases to your content. You need to focus on building a user-centric keyword research strategy and understand the intent behind Google Search.
Explore industry-related blogs and forums, Q & A platforms like Quora, and social networks. Check Google’s search suggestions to see what your customers are searching for (Keywordtool.io can do this for you). Google Trends is also valuable because it can show you how your keywords’ popularity has increased / decreased over time.
Your goal is to get the attention of the right searchers and bring them to your site. Small and local businesses should also focus on optimizing their websites for local search. For example, if your product is specifically designed for the Hong Kong market, visitors from Italy or the United States are meaningless because they have no interest in buying. In this case, you should consider working with a Indian SEO professional who understands the intent of your local customers and will help you choose the right location keywords.
Perform a Content Audit
Analyzing your content is critical to your potential customers. This is the only way to understand how your content is performing and how to get people to convert. Here are some steps:
Identify technical SEO errors
There are many tools you can use to identify common technical SEO issues. For example, with Neil Patel’s SEO analyzer, you can get detailed reports on page-level scores and even get suggestions for further fixes. Another very effective tool is Screaming Frog, which can crawl your URLs, review title tags and meta descriptions, and detect various SEO errors.
Check mobile friendliness
Google’s mobile-first index is very important, and your site needs to meet its standards. To determine if your site is mobile-friendly, go to Google ’s Mobile-Friendly Test, which will give you scores and suggestions for improvement.
Assess the quality of backlinks
In 2019, building quality links will be more important than ever. This strategy not only affects your ranking, but also increases your online permissions and helps you effectively attract more potential customers. There are many tools to help you analyze backlink profiles, including MajesticSEO, CognitiveSEO, and Ahrefs.
Check your page speed
Use Google’s Page Speed Insights, GTmetrics or Pingdom to check your page load time. Page speed is the main ranking factor, and most importantly, it has a huge impact on user experience and potential customers.
Find your best-performing pages
Go to Google Analytics> Behavior> Site Content> All pages to find your top pages. By identifying the pages that resonate with your audiences best, you will be able to optimize them to turn them into lead generation powerhouses.
Optimize your Page
Now that content review has identified the main issues in your strategy, you need to address them to increase your potential customers. Here are some important elements of what you need to optimize.
When performing a Google search, the first thing a searcher sees is your title tag and meta description. That’s why these elements need to be perfectly optimized and user-friendly.
When optimizing title tags, make sure you insert keywords early in the title. This way, it shows up no matter what device the searcher uses. Of course, keywords should be added naturally.
Optimized meta descriptions must be concise, engaging, and no longer than 160 characters. These are extremely important aspects of the page because they tell users the content of the page and inspire them to click on the page
Find keywords that don’t resonate with your audience and replace them or rewrite your website completely to a reasonable extent to optimize the content of the new keywords. Always make sure you associate keywords correctly and build high-quality, engaging, and valuable content around them.
In 2019, building quality links will be more important than ever. The best way to get these juicy backlinks is by writing guest posts for other well-known websites. This strategy will not only affect your rankings, but also increase your online authority and help you generate more leads effectively. There are many tools to help you analyze backlink profiles and find link prospects, including MajesticSEO, CognitiveSEO and Ahrefs.
Answer boxes and feature summaries hold a significant place on Google, can highlight your importance as a reliable resource, and can send you a large number of visitors. Now, to show in the answer box, you should use the title, include questions and answers in the article, properly format the bulleted list, and write longer articles to get people to visit your website for more information.
Turn your Visitors into Leads
- Now that you have established an SEO strategy, conducted a content review and optimized the main aspects of your website, you need to start generating leads. Here are some powerful strategies that may drive your lead development efforts:
- Create solid lead magnets. Lead magnets are valuable content that you provide to your target audience in exchange for their email addresses, such as e-books, free trials, or checklists.
- Check your homepage to make sure its messaging and CTA talk to your target audience.
- Provide live chat services on your site. Now that you know what works best, you can add live chat options to it. By helping your visitors find answers to your questions faster, you will encourage them to convert faster.
- Add the form to the best performing page. These pages are already your main lead generator, and you will further improve them by adding optimized and user-friendly signup forms to them.
- Personalize your call to action. The main purpose of a call-to-action is to grab people’s attention, get them interested, and briefly explain to them what they will do if you click on them. Because of this, universal CTA like “Book Now” is not valid. Create highly personalized CTAs to resonate with your target audience and evoke FOMO. This type of real CTA leads to 42% more conversions than ordinary CTAs.
- Write a strong value proposition. It must be concise, written in a simple language, and emphasize the main features of the product and its advantages.
- Nurture potential customers. If they don’t consider you important, then visitors will not be your potential customers. You need to earn their trust. Provide them with valuable content, answer their questions in real time, and start sending related follow-up emails. Forrester said that compared with marketers who do not cultivate potential customers, the cultivation of potential customers can help companies reduce sales by 50% at a cost of 50%.
Optimizing your website is critical to your potential customer development efforts. First, make a solid plan, then analyze the effect of the content and optimize the page accordingly. Most importantly, using the steps above, you will be able to build stronger relationships with your audience and use any opportunity to attract more potential customers.